Wednesday 22 August 2012

Hard work behind the scenes

I've taken part in the Undiscovered Workforce campaign by emailing my MP and local Councillors. I've also signed the petition about tick box benefits, completed the benefits survey and am currently working with Nadine Honeybone (The Autism Directory founder) to make Plymouth an Autism Friendly city. So far I've received interest from Plymouth City Bus who would like to sign up as a local business who would like Autism Friendly accreditation.

I am also helping Scott James (X Factor 2009) to raise £3000 to journey to Canada for an international autism festival where he has been nominated for the Performing Arts award.
 
Unfortunately my charity bike ride (Marco's Big Ride) has had to be postponed because I have tendonitis in my knees and until they heal sufficiently I am unable to train for the ride.
 
In September I will also be attending NAS head office for a meeting regarding the Adult Autism Strategy which I am looking forward to.

I have also set up an online radio show called Sounds from the Spectrum which showcases and celebrates talented artists who are on the spectrum like Scott James, Georgette Hilton, Carly Ryan, Martin Finn and many more. More information about this can be found on Facebook at www.facebook.com/groups/soundsfromthespectrum/ where you will find in depth details of all the artists I am featuring as well as videos and links to their individual websites where you can purchase CDs by them.

By Marco G

No comments:

Post a Comment